Sunday, April 12, 2009

Color Inspiration Palette II- Plum, Chartreuse, Fuchsia & Aqua

Last week I showed you how to use a monochromatic color palette (a single color) to dazzle your guests on your wedding day. This week it's all about choosing a multi-color palette with harmony. Now, just because I say "multi-color", I'm in no way, telling you to have all your bridesmaids line up according to the colors of the rainbow! What I am saying, is that it is very possible to choose more than two colors for your wedding. As long as there is a sense of cohesion and harmony.

The color palette above is a great example of this. Here, I've chosen to use four different colors that manage to stand out, each on their own and yet flow together. (For me it's very reminiscent of a fairytale themed wedding.) You can easily accomplish choosing four harmonizing colors by examining their color relationship on a color wheel. To better understand I'll share with you a simple trick us designers use in any design process.

Take for example, the colors red and green. They sit across from one another on the color wheel, meaning that they are complimentary. Or, in other words, they "flatter" each other. You may not see how red and green compliment each other but as you begin to equal the values (lightness) of each color you'll see that they do. Hence the colors, fuchsia which is a lighter version of red and chartreuse, a lighter version of green!

If you're unsure as to which colors you want to choose for your wedding, take the designers route and explore different color relationships that you think fit you and your fiance's personality.

0 comments:

Download, Send & Print! Wedding Invitations by WPNY Made Easy! Check em out on Etsy.com!

About WPNY

My photo
New York, NY, United States
After earning my degree in Visual Merchandising and Design, I began working part-time as a freelance visual merchandiser, designing visual presentations, window displays and store layouts for small boutiques, all while working full-time as an assistant event coordinator at an NYC based public relations firm. I eventually felt I wanted to combine my creative and coordination talents and channel my energies into a different project. With my design and coordination experience I have transitioned into an amazing career as a wedding planner and designer! And it's to you, I share my thoughts, experience, advice tips, trends and suggestions from the trendsetting city of New York! And encouraging you to create the wedding of your dreams.

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers