Sunday, April 5, 2009

Color Inspiration Palette I - Mimosa

The hunt for this weeks color for WPNY's weekly color inspiration board consisted of attending a fabulous cocktail party and house warming on the Upper East Side with four of my closets ladies. Inspired by one of the night's many cocktails, I thought it would only be appropriate for our first color inspiration to be my favorite wedding cocktail. . . Mimosa! (To all my twitter followers, I told you, inspiration is everywhere!)

Convincing my brides that they don't need multiple wedding colors is often easy once they see the beauty in monochromatic color palettes. Using different lights of color will add beautiful values, depth, dimension and variety without the hodgepodge effect you get when using multiple colors.

Bold yet delicate this mimosa inspired color palette is perfect for spring and summer weddings. Pair it with a neutral white or a splash of tangerine for variation!

(Image credits: petal tossers, candy, floral bouquet and cake from brides.com , cake, JS Boutique Surplice Dress with Sequined Waist from Nordtrom.com, bangles by Juicy Couture)

0 comments:

Download, Send & Print! Wedding Invitations by WPNY Made Easy! Check em out on Etsy.com!

About WPNY

My photo
New York, NY, United States
After earning my degree in Visual Merchandising and Design, I began working part-time as a freelance visual merchandiser, designing visual presentations, window displays and store layouts for small boutiques, all while working full-time as an assistant event coordinator at an NYC based public relations firm. I eventually felt I wanted to combine my creative and coordination talents and channel my energies into a different project. With my design and coordination experience I have transitioned into an amazing career as a wedding planner and designer! And it's to you, I share my thoughts, experience, advice tips, trends and suggestions from the trendsetting city of New York! And encouraging you to create the wedding of your dreams.

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers