Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Wedding Budget Calculators--Not For Everyone!

Every time we log onto a wedding website, we can almost guarantee ourselves that we'll find the infamous "Wedding Budget Calculator". This tool has you type in your estimated wedding budget, and viola! You've got your budget all laid out!

But wait! Before you go booking vendors according to the the allotted budgets given to you by the "magic calculator", I want you to sit down and really think about which elements of your wedding is most important to you. This is usually the first course of action (of course, after establishing their budgets)I take, when I'm meeting with my brides in the initial stages of wedding planning. No one wedding should be alike, so why should we all be working with the same budget allotment? What I'm basically saying is, every bride needs to prioritize all of her wedding elements. Ask yourself, is it more important to have a small wedding with extravagant decor or to have a large wedding with minimal decor? Now, can you see how determining the answer to these kinds of questions effect your budget distribution?

Talk what your finace, see which parts of the wedding are a must and which parts are open for negotiation.

The purpose of the wedding budget calculators is only to give you an idea of how your money should be spent. It isn't the determining factor!

0 comments:

Download, Send & Print! Wedding Invitations by WPNY Made Easy! Check em out on Etsy.com!

About WPNY

My photo
New York, NY, United States
After earning my degree in Visual Merchandising and Design, I began working part-time as a freelance visual merchandiser, designing visual presentations, window displays and store layouts for small boutiques, all while working full-time as an assistant event coordinator at an NYC based public relations firm. I eventually felt I wanted to combine my creative and coordination talents and channel my energies into a different project. With my design and coordination experience I have transitioned into an amazing career as a wedding planner and designer! And it's to you, I share my thoughts, experience, advice tips, trends and suggestions from the trendsetting city of New York! And encouraging you to create the wedding of your dreams.

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers